10 May 2012

My Azizam (poem)

You're so far away
Yet you feel so near
My azizam

Like honey and cream
With my morning bread
My azizam

Each taste of you dear
Delights my whole heart
My azizam

My first thought of day
My last thought at night
My azizam

Distance no matter
We breathe as one soul
My azizam

I long for the day
When you will be free
My azizam

To be the woman
You were meant to be
My azizam

And not just you dear
But all of Iran
My azizam

Morning and evening
You're with me all day
My azizam

Standing before me
Your presence I feel
My azizam

Your hands held in mine
My hands held in yours
My azizam

Bodies expressing
What hearts and souls feel
My azizam

Parting we linger
With barest of touch
My azizam

You look at me, smile
Playful and naughty
My azizam

By hand you lead me
Into Vahalla
My azizam

After, we glisten
In each other's arms
My azizam




No comments: